NOTICE OF REFERENDUM
SOUTH HAMS DISTRICT COUNCIL
Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan for South Huish Neighbourhood Area
1. A referendum will be held on Thursday 6 May 2021 to decide on the question below:
Do you want South Hams District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for South Huish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
2. Applications to register must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
3. Applications to vote by post, or to change or cancel an existing postal vote, proxy appointment or postal proxy arrangement must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
4. Applications to vote by proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by 5 p.m. on 27 April 2021.
5. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE by 5 pm on Thursday, 6th May 2021 and are available for anyone who (a) suffers an illness or disability after 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021; or (b) discovers after that deadline that they will be unable to go to the poll on the day of the referendum for occupational, employment or service reasons.
Dated: 24 March 2021 Andrew Jonathan Bates Counting Officer
Printed and published by the Counting Officer, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE
How to view the Plan and Examiner Report:
o To view the full plan proposal see below or visit https://www.neighbourhoodplanning.swdevon.gov.uk/south-huish
o Hard copies of the Plan can be inspected at Follaton and at the South Huish Parish Council office subject to prior notification being given to the Council or the Parish Council.:
o Cllr Jo Hocking, Chairman, 01548 561275
o Katharine Harrod, Clerk, 07704 941150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
o Cllr Simon Coleman, 01548 562164
o Cllr Sue Darke, 01548 561089
o Cllr Paul Green, 01548 561443
o Cllr Alan Rundle, 01548 560117
Please note: Appendix B21, Thriving Towns and Villages Settlement Boundaries can be found here:
Ultimately you, the residents, will be asked to vote to decide if you want the Neighbourhood Plan to be adopted. It's your Neighbourhood Plan, agreed and developed thanks to your input, if the plan is adopted you will have played an important role in both the development and the preservation of South Huish.